Ernest McPherson, who had received CPR training a couple of weeks ago, was watching his 2-year-old daughter and 7-month-old son play in the bath tub with the water running and the drain stopper not in place.
The phone rang, and he went to answer it, at which time the drain stopper somehow fell into the drain allowing the tub to fill up.
McPherson returned after five minutes, finding the tub full and his son floating face down in the water, not breathing.
He promptly pulled the boy out of the tub and gave him CPR, getting him revived before EMS could arrive. The boy was taken to Manate Memorial for further treatment.
-via Herald Tribune